Tencent takes users' information safety and privacy as our lifeline. Based on our basic principle "Users' needs are our first priority", we are committed to enhancing the transparency of information process, honoring your control of data and safeguarding your information and communication security.
Tencent adheres to the following privacy protection principles and is committed to providing you with more secure and reliable service:
- What information we collect.
- How we use that information.
- Your Rights.
Should you have any queries, please contact us.
Information We Collect
Based on the principle of lawfulness, fairness and necessity, we will only collect the following information that is necessary for the purpose of achieving the product's function.
- o 1.1 Information you provide to us when registering an account.
- o 1.2 Information you upload whilst using our services.
- o 1.3 Information provided by you via our customer service or whilst participating in our activities.
Some of our service may need you to provide your selected sensitive personal information to achieve specific functions. If you choose not to provide such information, you may not be able to use specific functions in the service, but it will not affect the usage of other functions. If you provide your sensitive information for us voluntarily, you agree that we process your Personal Sensitive Information in accordance with the purposes and methods provided in this policy.
- o 2.1 Server Logs. We mayautomatically collect and store relevant information as the service log when you use our services.
- 1)Device Information. For example, device model, operating system version, unique device identifier ("UDID"), battery, signal strength, and other information.
- 2)Software Information. For example, software version and browser type. To ensure the security of the operating environment or to provide the necessary services, we will collect information in relation to your usage of mobile applications and other softwares.
- 3)IP Address.
- 4)Service Logs. For example, information collected when you use our services to search or view, crash logs information, recommended sites and other information.
- 5)Communication Logs. For example, the accounts you communicated with, the time and period when you use our communication services.
- o 2.2 Location data.We may collect location data of your device when you use the location-related services, in order to provide relevant service for you.
- 1) We may collect your geographic location data viaIP address, GPS, Wi-Fi, or base station when you use the services;
- 2) Geographic location data provided by you or by other users when using the services. For example, the location data detailed in your account, or geographical indications contained in photos shared by you or other users;
- o 2.3 Other relevant information.For you to better use our product or service, we will collect relevant information, for example, the friends list, group list information, and voice print. Also, if you choose to turn on "import contacts" feature we will encrypt name and phone number of your contacts and collect encrypted information in order to connect you with people you know who also use our service.
For example, photos or videos published by other users may contain your information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Subject to applicable laws and regulations or agreements with users, we may use the collected information in the following ways. If we use your information for purposes beyond the following purposes, we will explain to you again and ask for consent.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, in order to provide you with a better user experience and to improve our services, or upon your consent, we may apply the information collected from certain services to other services provided by us. For instance, we may use your information collected or generated when you use our certain services to show you personalized content or advertisement and for user analysis and statistic service.
To ensure the security of our services, and to help us further understand the state of performance of our applications, we may record relevant information, for example, the frequency of your usage, crash logs information, overall usage, performance data and source of application. We do not link the information we store within the mobile analytics software to personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
We and our third party partners may collect your information via safely inserted Cookie and relevant technologies, for the purposes for providing you with more personalized user experience and service. We will strictly require such third party partners to observe relevant requirements of this policy.
Information You Share
Our services may allow you to share your relevant information with your friends and family and other users. For example, you can share texts and pictures publicly in your "WeChat Moments". Please be noted that such information may contain sensitive information including your personal identity information and personal property information. Please prudently consider disclosure of your relevant personal sensitive information.
You may control the scope of information shared by you and you may also delete the information publicly shared using the service setting or according to our guidance. Please note such information may still have been retained independently by other users or unrelated third parties which we are not able to control.
How to Manage Your Own Information
Information We Share
We will strictly limit the sharing of information in accordance with the laws and regulations, for example:
- o 2.1 Providing you with our services;
- o 2.2 Implementing the purpose of the section "How We Use the Information We Collect";
- o 2.4 Understanding, maintaining and improving our services.
- o 5.1 To comply with the applicabl laws and regulations;
- o 5.2 To comply with court decisions, rulings or requirements of other legal procedures;
- o 5.3 To comply with the requirements of relevant government agencies or other relevant legally authoritative entities;
- o 5.4 We have reasons to believe that we need to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
When you use our services, we may send emails, text messages, news or push notifications to you. You may follow the relevant notice to unsubscribe on the device.
We may send you announcements related to service if necessary (for example, the suspension of certain service due to system maintenance). You may not be able to cancel these non-promotional service-related announcements.
Place and Period of Information Retention
We will store users personal information collected within mainland China within the territory in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
In general, we will retain your personal information in the shortest possible time to fulfill the purpose of collection of such information. However, for the following purposes, we may change the retention period for the purposes of compliance:
- o 2.1 To comply with the relevant laws and regulations;
- o 2.2 To comply with court decisions, rulings or requirements of other legal procedures;
- o 2.3 To comply with the requirements of relevant government agencies or other legally authoritative entities;
- o 2.4 We have reasons to believe that we need to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
We take security measures to protect your information against loss, improper use, unauthorized access or disclosure.
We may use your information to provide you with more relevant advertisements on relevant sites, apps, and other channels.
You can learn more at About Our Advertising.
Protection of Minors
We attach great importance to the protection of personal information of minors. In accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, if you are a minor under 18 years old, you would be required to obtain you parents' or legal guardian's consent prior to using Tencent service. If you are the guardian of a minor and have queries in relation to your minors' personal information, please contact us through the contact details provided in Section 13 below.
Last updated: 2018/06/13